This episode is advice-giving at its best. It’s all about parenting and how to do it. And the fact that neither Claire nor Wendy have kids means that you’re getting pure, unadulterated (emphasis on the “unadult”), not at all obnoxious, grade-A advice.
Parenting. There’s no handbook for this stuff. But luckily, Claire and Wendy have ideas and a podcast.
Here’s a taste of the wisdom you’ll receive in this episode:
- Bringing back the tried and true parenting styles of the 1970s, 80s and 90s
- Safety tips (ie, how to safely run with scissors)
- The benefits of instilling fear and guilt in your children
- What animals have to teach us about parenting
- Building healthy self-esteem in your child
- The joys of being your child’s best friend and drinking partner
- Educational toys
- What Freud has to teach us about parenting
- Parenting wisdom from bygone days
Episode Sponsor: Old Timey Sleep-Away Camp for Kids